- System Administrator
- Master's Degree
- MAT, 2000, Secondary Science Education, Johns Hopkins University
- Undergraduate Degree
- BA, 1996, Biology, The Colorado College
It is my goal to be on the leading edge of computing in order to support scientific research at The University of Montana. To that end, I recently launched an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud based on the Kilo release of OpenStack https://www.openstack.org/. In order to provide resilient, distributed block, and object storage to OpenStack, I deployed a Ceph http://ceph.com/ cluster running the Infernais release.
I also have a strong background in geospatial technologies which guides the optimization of our compute environment.
- Infrastructure as a Service cloud computing design and implementation.
- Web development with Drupal CMS
- Wildland fire incident command system network and incident administration.
- Geographic Information Systems project planning, implementation, and life-cycle maintenance
- Linux and Windows Administration